Manufacturing Engineer – ($55-70k)
Chance Rides is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join the team.
Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying products and manufacturing methods. The Manufacturing Engineer will plan, design, set up, modify, optimize, and monitor manufacturing processes. Role also includes managing various projects both internally and externally.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
- Generate and modify manufacturing process documentation and assure that manufacturing processes and related documentation follow established policies and procedures
- Design and develop manufacturing procedures, tooling, fixtures, etc. that result in sufficient capacity to meet customer demand while also promoting product quality, process efficiency and safety
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, support, and production needs
- Lead various sized projects either process improvement or customer product
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Devise and implement cost-saving measures; create processes and procedures to help meet budgetary goals as well as performance quotas.
- Utilize LEAN, Six Sigma or other best practice tools and principles for day-to-day problem solving and continuous improvement
- Design and develop new products and product mock-ups alongside the team
- Educate and train employees on manufacturing and workflow processes and procedures
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaboration and cohesion.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, industrial, mechanical, or related engineering field
- Ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of manufacturing experience; at least 1 year in an engineering role
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written communication
- Strong skills in MS Office Suite
- Master problem solver familiar with root cause analysis techniques (Six Sigma / Lean training a plus)
- Experience with ERP Software (Global Shop preferred)
Chance Rides Offers:
- Competitive salary – $55-70k (commensurate with experience)
- Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Flex Spending Account/Health Savings Account
- Personal, Vacation and Holiday Pay
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Chance Rides has been manufacturing a diverse line of amusement ride products including trains, trams, carousels, thrill rides, and roller coasters for over 60 years through the course of continued family ownership. Our nearly 20-acre site with 300,000 sq. ft. of indoor space is in Wichita, Kansas, in the heart of America. Chance Rides employs a dedicated team of skilled workers. Our products serve customers that include large theme parks, small to medium-sized regional amusement parks, FECs, zoos, and aquariums, plus stand-alone attraction venues. We have manufactured, delivered, and installed over 5,000 amusement rides, roller coasters, observation wheels, and people movers, that continue to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Chance Rides is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply below with our quick online application form.
*Required fields. Resume optional.