Manufacturing Supervisor (Final Assembly) – ($26-30/hr.)
Chance Rides is currently seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor (Final Assembly) to join the team.
Responsible for the coordination and supervision of the day-to-day production operations of the Final Assembly Department.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Ability to lead and motivate all departmental employees
- Coordinate daily tasks and manage all hours on projects
- Understand and apply all Company policies and ensure employees comply with these policies
- Delegate effectively to maximize the best use of talent and resources available
- Identify opportunities for improvements in production, cost efficiencies and/or problem areas
- Work creatively to resolve issues, overcome obstacles, and meet production goals
- Monitor and adjust work schedules as needed to hit delivery dates
- Maintain regulatory, environmental, and safety compliance in conjunction with and through close coordination with outside agencies and management personnel
- Manage safety equipment (PPE) and tools to include maintenance and inspection logs
- Ensure employees have the proper tools, supplies, and job-specific materials needed
- Manage safety regarding employees, chemicals used in the department and loading of trucks
- Possess the right people skills to manage and motivate a team
- Manage quality and evaluate/correct any final assembly issues
- Expedite parts; pick and receive orders
- Monitor and effectively manage all materials and supplies
- Serve as point of contact for ride shipments
- Responsible for conducting employee reviews, timekeeping, disciplinary action, and hiring/firing decisions.
- High school diploma and minimum of 2 years work experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing/project-based environment or managing Mechanics
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- High mechanical aptitude / mechanically inclined
- Must display excellent communication skills across all company levels
- Strong leadership, supervisory and coaching skills
- Must be open-minded and flexible based on projects
- High energy, metrics-driven individual who can produce results
- Must exhibit strong organizational skills and ability to multitask, work within project deadlines, show attention to detail, and display good judgment and integrity.
- Good computer skills with a proficiency using ERP systems and Microsoft programs
- Associate’s degree or higher and/or 3+ years of previous work experience as a Final Assembly Supervisor in a manufacturing job shop environment or managing Mechanics
- ERP Software experience with Global Shop preferred
Chance Rides Offers:
- Competitive industry pay- $26-30/hr. (commensurate with experience)
- Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision
- Supplemental Benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Flex Spending Account/Health Savings Account
- Personal, Vacation and Holiday Pay
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Chance Rides has been manufacturing a diverse line of amusement ride products including trains, trams, carousels, thrill rides, and roller coasters for over 60 years through the course of continued family ownership. Our nearly 20-acre site with 300,000 sq. ft. of indoor space is in Wichita, Kansas, in the heart of America. Chance Rides employs a dedicated team of skilled workers. Our products serve customers that include large theme parks, small to medium-sized regional amusement parks, FECs, zoos, and aquariums, plus stand-alone attraction venues. We have manufactured, delivered, and installed over 5,000 amusement rides, roller coasters, observation wheels, and people movers, that continue to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Chance Rides is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply below with our quick online application form.
*Required fields. Resume optional.