Mechanical Engineer – ($60 – 75k)
Chance Rides is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join the team.
For over 60 years, Chance Rides Manufacturing, Inc. has been a family-owned Wichita, KS based manufacturer of world class and state of the art amusement rides and people movers for amusement parks, zoos, malls, aquariums, and municipalities worldwide. With a steady growth in business, we are currently hiring for the following position: Mechanical Engineer.
Primary responsibilities are the machine and structural design and application of electro-mechanical systems for amusement ride equipment. Works closely with other engineering disciplines and production to develop and enhance the manufacturing of amusement rides and people movers.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Directs activities to ensure that the design, manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Plans, conducts, and directs design for development projects or manufacturing engineering assignments to finalize design concepts.
- Designs hydraulic and pneumatic systems and assemblies.
- Issues purchasing instructions for discrete parts.
- Assists production by providing engineering support during product manufacture and assembly.
- Directs and coordinates operation, maintenance and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Communicates with customers, sales department, and field service to solve problems.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks using Creo, AutoCAD, and other software tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Proficient in the use of Creo or other parametric modeling tools, familiarity with AutoCAD a plus
- 2+ years of on the job experience as an ME preferred
- Experience with structural analysis and FEA preferred
- Experience with fabricated assemblies and AWS requirements preferred
- Project management or leadership responsibilities preferred
Chance Rides Offers:
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Personal, Vacation and Holiday Pay
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Chance Rides is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply below with our quick online application form.
*Required fields. Resume optional.