Chance Rides, LLC is currently seeking a Paint Shop Supervisor to join the team.
Did you know Wichita, KS has been home to Chance Rides, one of the world’s TOP manufacturers of roller coasters, carousels, observation wheels, trains, people movers, and other amusement rides? Wouldn’t it be AMAZING to say you help build these spectacular rides that go all over the world?
With over 60 years of legacy and talent, our dedicated leadership, management and skilled workforce serves customers that includes stand-alone attraction venues, theme parks, family entertainment centers, zoos and aquariums. As we continue to grow, develop and manufacture new and exciting product lines, we are currently seeking an experienced Paint Shop Supervisor. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
Responsible for the coordination and supervision of the day-to-day production operations within the department.
Duties of Position (include but not limited to):
- Ability to lead and motivate department personnel across multiple paint and bodywork activities
- Maintain accountability and achievable action plans
- Understand and apply all Company policies and ensure employees comply with these policies
- Delegate effectively to maximize the best use of talent and resources available
- Identify opportunities for improvements in production, cost efficiencies and/or problem areas
- Work creatively to resolve issues, overcome obstacles, and meet production goals
- Monitor and adjust daily work schedules as needed to hit delivery dates
- Maintain regulatory, environmental, and safety compliance in conjunction with and through close coordination with outside agencies and management personnel
- Manage safety equipment (PPE) and tools to include maintenance and inspection logs
- Ensure employees have the proper tools, supplies, and job-specific materials needed
- Possess the right people skills to manage and motivate a team
- Manage quality and evaluate any bodywork and/or paint issues
- Work collaboratively with both internal customers and outside paint vendors/partners
- Monitor and effectively manage all materials and supplies
- Responsible for conducting employee reviews, time keeping, disciplinary action, and hiring/firing decisions.
- High school diploma and minimum of 3 years work experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing/project-based environment
- Must display excellent communication skills across all company levels
- Strong leadership, supervisory and coaching skills
- Metrics driven individual who is able to produce results
- Must exhibit strong organizational skills and able to multitask, work within project deadlines, show attention to detail, good judgment and integrity.
- Must have strong computer skills with a proficiency in MRP systems and Microsoft programs
Chance Rides Offers:
- Competitive pay (commensurate with experience and qualifications)
- 401k with Company match
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Benefits
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Personal, Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Relocation Package
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Salary: $65,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
Chance Rides is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply below with our quick online application form.
*Required fields. Resume optional.