Welder – ($20-28/hr.)
Chance Rides is currently seeking an experienced Welder to join the team.
Position Summary: Under the direction and supervision of the Fabrication Shop Supervisor, perform set-ups and weld fabrication of product using various types of welding (primarily hard wire and fluxcore) per specifications and in accordance with production schedule.
- Perform welding duties using wire welding GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) and FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding)
- Weld various metals as specified by procedures, layouts, blueprints, diagrams, work orders, oral instructions, and with or without the use of weld procedure specifications (WPS). Welds range from simple tacks to complex welds, performed in varying positions
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using fixtures/jigs to fabricate, modify, or repair parts
- Operate and/or use related equipment and tools which include forklifts, hoists, slings, grinders, cutting torches, hand tools, drills, punches, tape measures, etc
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language, and follow job order specifications, blueprints, work instructions and procedures
- Work with minimal supervision to complete tasks on time
- Maintain level of work performance in accordance with Company Quality Assurance standards and/or job order specifications
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Perform or assist in other assigned duties as needed
Minimum Job Requirements:
- One year previous welding experience with hard wire and flux core
- One year previous fabrication/fit-up experience
- Ability to acquire welding certification in accordance with American Welding Society (AWS D1.1 ) 5F and 5G standards. In-house certification required upon hire
- Ability to work overtime as needed (during week and on Saturdays)
- Perform work in various physical positions including, standing, kneeling, sitting, squatting, bending and reaching
- Perform work off elevated surfaces and in confined spaces
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, tape measures and weld procedure specifications (WPS)
- This position requires continual use of your hands, considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling materials
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- The use of PPE such as safety glasses, face shield, welding helmet, hearing protection, leather gloves w/ forearm gauntlets, safety toed boot/shoe, dust mask and arm sleeves (as needed)
- Must be able to lift and maneuver 50 lbs. without physical restrictions
- Ability to work in a hot environment during summer months
Chance Rides Offers:
- Competitive hourly wage – $20-28/hr. (commensurate with experience)
- Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Perfect Attendance Awards Program
- Personal, Vacation and Holiday Pay
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Chance Rides has been manufacturing a diverse line of amusement ride products including trains, trams, carousels, thrill rides, and roller coasters for over 60 years through the course of continued family ownership. Our nearly 20-acre site with 300,000 sq. ft. of indoor space is in Wichita, Kansas, in the heart of America. Chance Rides employs a dedicated team of skilled workers. Our products serve customers that include large theme parks, small to medium-sized regional amusement parks, FECs, zoos, and aquariums, plus stand-alone attraction venues. We have manufactured, delivered, and installed over 5,000 amusement rides, roller coasters, observation wheels, and people movers, that continue to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Chance Rides is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply below with our quick online application form.
*Required fields. Resume optional.