It was recently brought to my attention from a Chance Rides Fans page on Facebook that our beloved Zipper is turning 50 in 2018. I quickly verified the information and found that the first Zipper was indeed manufactured and shipped in 1968. In fact 19 Zippers were delivered in that first year.
Our Facebook page shared the news with the question of “what would be a proper way to celebrate this milestone?”. Below I’ve listed 10 of the ideas shared on the post. Let us know which of them you’d like to see us do.
Top 10 Ways to Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Zipper
- Create and sell a commemorative t-shirt.
- Available for purchase on our e-commerce site and at the IAAPA Expo.
- Set a date to have a Zipper operating in each of the 50 states at the same time or on the same day.
- Set up a Zipper at the Chance Rides facility to offer free rides all day.
- or for 50 days.
- Create a VR experience video for the Zipper on ride experience.
- Reunion party for the developers and initial Zipper owners.
- Create decals and signage to distribute to the ride operators.
- Operate 50 Zippers together in one location.
- Fill the Zipper with riders born in 1968.
- Offer a 50 minute ride. (Holy G Forces)
- Convince a toy manufacturer to create a replica model.
Comment below with your favorite ideas or add your own. We look forward to giving the Zipper it’s due. 🙂