Chance Rides is currently seeking an experienced Fiberglass Layup Technician to join the team.
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
- Individual will layup, chop, roll, form and/or assemble fiberglass using various hand tools (saws, drills, and routers) and chopper gun
- Primarily, this person will be trained to prepare fiberglass molds and bond together parts to assemble carousel figures
- May also assist with the forming and trimming of plastics and any other areas within the department as needed
- Candidate must have previous production/shop floor experience in a manufacturing environment using various hand tools (i.e. air tools, saws, drills, routers)
- Ability to follow verbal instructions, work efficiently and within production deadlines (both independently and on a team)
- Pass a respirator physical and fit test, lift and carry at least 30 lbs.
- Pass a background and drug screen
- This person must know they don’t display an allergic reaction to fiberglass material and/or resin and must have an interest and desire to learn our fiberglass processes
- Must be able to work 1st shift, wear proper PPE, working a warm environment and work overtime as needed
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Ideal candidate will have 1-2 years work experience in fiberglass layup
- Proficient use of hand tools and experience operating a chopper and gel coat gun
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints/drawings and other manufacturing skills a plus (i.e. paint, vacuum form, etc.)
Chance Rides Offers:
- Competitive hourly wage (commensurate with experience)
- Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Perfect Attendance Awards Program
- Personal, Vacation and Holiday Pay
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Chance Rides has been manufacturing a diverse line of amusement ride products including trains, trams, carousels, thrill rides, and roller coasters for over 60 years through the course of continued family ownership. Our nearly 20-acre site with 300,000 sq. ft. of indoor space is in Wichita, Kansas, in the heart of America. Chance Rides employs a dedicated team of skilled workers. Our products serve customers that include large theme parks, small to medium-sized regional amusement parks, FECs, zoos, and aquariums, plus stand-alone attraction venues. We have manufactured, delivered, and installed over 5,000 amusement rides, roller coasters, observation wheels, and people movers, that continue to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Chance Rides is an Equal Opportunity Employer