Chance Rides is currently seeking a Field Service Technician to join the team.
Chance Rides manufactures a diverse line of amusement ride products including trains, trams, carousels, thrill rides, observation wheels and roller coasters that are enjoyed all over the world. With over 60 years of legacy and talent, our dedicated leadership, management and skilled workforce serves customers including stand-alone global attraction venues, large and regional theme parks, family entertainment centers, zoos and aquariums.
We are currently seeking a Field Service Technician to install, troubleshoot, and maintain our extensive product line. Come grow with us!
- Travel as needed to customer locations (domestic and international) to install or troubleshoot with high regard to customer service and quality
- Utilize mechanical and electrical knowledge to comprehend all facets of design, manufacturing, assembly, installation, and troubleshooting of products
- Oversee installation projects onsite by delegating, communicating, training, organizing and facilitating effectively
- Follow safety guidelines at all times and report any violations to management
- Other duties as assigned
- Represent Chance Rides with a positive and professional manner at all times
- Work as a team with co-workers and outside customers to assist in creating and implementing successful installations and solutions in troubleshooting
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the Field Service Manager and representatives
- Utilize experience and a wide degree of independent judgment while in the field to plan and accomplish goals; perform a variety of tasks related to field service and meet deadlines
- Team-player who can work effectively with all personnel in the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions to issues
- Work to improve systems, practices and expenses in regards to customer and field service
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical field preferred
- 3-6 years of experience in the industry, field of study, mechanical/electrical, overseeing assembly and/or installation of quality specialized products
- Proven understanding of electrical/mechanical applications, project management, and quality assurance programs
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) 60-70% of the year and for extended periods of time
- Strong communication (oral and written), customer service, technical and troubleshooting skills
- Sound organizational skills, proven ability to delegate tasks, and experience with customer relations a must
- Strong computer and mobile device skills a must
- Ability to manage on time arrival and as scheduled to job sites and to work within established guidelines and procedures
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record; valid passport (or ability to obtain)
- Experience with mechanical design concepts and Auto CAD, Pro-E, and prototype development a plus
- Familiar with ASTM safety standards a plus
- Experience in the amusement industry a plus
Chance Rides Offers:
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Relocation/sign-on bonus
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision
- COBRA continuation coverage reimbursement
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Personal, Vacation and Holiday Pay
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Chance Rides is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply below with our quick online application form.
*Required fields. Resume optional.